Saturday, 25 February 2012

Let the Change Begin Today

Expert Author Jaki Sinclair
Good Morning!
It's going to be a great day today! Did you wake up and tell yourself that today? If not, go ahead and think it or tell yourself that right now. I'll wait.
You just took the first step to making positive change with that 1 thought. How awesome is that? You Rock!
You can do the same thing with your health. Decide to add in one positive thing today and do it.
I know I didn't drink enough water this weekend, so today I am going to make sure I drink enough water. No biggie. I'll do better today.


We tend to make things so difficult for ourselves, but that is human nature. We often forget to enjoy the day, the moment, the journey we have been given.
Have you ever noticed how much harder we are on ourselves than we would ever be to our close friends or loved ones?
How long would you want to be friends with someone that told you that you were fat, ugly or a failure? We go around telling ourselves such horrible things and believing the things we say to ourselves.
Each day I have to wake up and decide I am going to do better than I did yesterday and I am going to make it a great day! I am still learning each day to like me and accept and be my own best friend.
I realize this is a journey and one that I will be working on every day. Each day for the rest of my life my goal will be to do a little better than I did the day before and to learn to love myself and little more and to learn a little more.
I get so many emails from people that want me to give them advice. They have spent their lives losing and gaining weight, just like me. And still they are looking for another quick fix to a problem they have been dealing with their entire lives. None of the other diets have worked, but they hope I have the secret they have been looking for for easy quick weight loss.
I wish so much I could tell everyone it is easy and fast and by next week they will down a size in clothes, but I want to be honest with y'all. And I sincerely want for each and every one of you to live a healthier and happier life.
There are days that the struggle is hard. There are days I make Big mistakes. But I keep looking ahead. I keep moving forwards and keep working on making each day a little better and making healthier choices each day.
What have you got to lose by trying something different like this? Instead of following the diet mindset of deprivation, why not give something new a try. Forget the diet stuff for a bit and think about making a lifestyle change that will stay with you forever. Think about being your own best friend, loving yourself and taking care of yourself.
I know the thought is scary because we have all been programmed to think the only way to lose weight is by punishing workouts and deprivation. What if they are wrong? What if you can lose weight, keep it off and live a healthier life by being kind to yourself and adding in positive things each day.
Isn't it worth at least giving it a try?
Come join me on Facebook and let me know what 1 positive thing you are going to add in today.
Slim Down U on Facebook
Jaki Sinclair is the creator of Slim Down U ( http://www.slimdownu.com ) and is committed to encouraging people to make healthy habits one step at a time for weight loss, better health and a happier life.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jaki_Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment